August 30, 2016

Watercolour Background Engagement Cards

Are you into the watercolour craze? I used to watercolour over 20 years ago and I’m so glad it’s made a comeback! I even still have my old paints and they work perfectly.

watercolour bird engagement

I thought this platinum embossed verse (SSS) was perfect for an engagement card. The background is just a basic wash with various shades of blue, purple and bright pink professional paints. I used white paint and shimmer spray to make ‘stars’ on the background. The bird die cut is called ‘by your side’ birds by Concord & 9th. The ends of the die are open so you can leave it attached to the background if you wish. There are lots of cool ideas on the page where it’s sold in their store. A few clear heart sequins finish off the cards.

watercolour bird engagemen2t

This card was made using a wash of  Gansai Tambi paints using navy at the top fading into purple and a light blue at the bottom. For both cards, I added black to the open space behind the wings and eyes. On one card, I added small pieces of black cardstock in behind but on the other, I marked the open areas, shifted the watercolour paper and covered the space with a marker which was much easier!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: