January 09, 2016

Pamper Yourself Bubble Bath Card

I haven’t been colouring as much as I used to. But I’ve been so inspired by Sandy Allnock lately that I have been pulling out my markers more! (She is my new online bae!). This card is for this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges to use some form of bubbles!

bubble bath n roses

If you don’t know the term ‘bae’ it means ‘before anyone else’ as in girl/boy friend. Ask any teenager in your life! But consider this a platonic crush type of thing! Sandy is amazing! So I pulled out lots of markers and coloured this in. I even pulled out my airbrush for the wall. Sandy recommends sometimes chosing a skin tone that reflects diversity rather than always colouring with your own shade (most people’s default) so I did so with this image.

I wish I’d chosen a paper piecing paper for the mirror frame with a bit more contrast but oh well. Please click on the photo for a better quality version. I was quite pleased with how the tub turned out. I also coloured and Glossy Accented the wine bottle and wine glass which are tucked into the corner.

bubble bath n roses2

The flowers are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and Recollections. The ribbon is from Paper Sweeties. The very intricate and hard to work with border die is by Marianne. The cut outs look just like the tops of pineapples so I’m filing that info away somewhere! Do you ever ‘see’ shapes in the negative pieces from your dies? I made pizza party invites a long time ago and I used the negative pieces from a border punch as mushrooms! The sequins and beads are all by Lucy’s Cards.

I hope you will visit Crazy for Challenges and play along this week! Bubbles are super fun right? I’m going to ask Sandy to do a post on colouring irridescence like bubbles! Mine are just shaded with a light blue-green marker. And too small for real colouring but I’d like to know how to do it. Don’t forget to visit all the Crazies’ blogs and leave em some love!

I’ve been Periscoping a lot lately so be sure to catch me there too! I’m usually on when my kids are in school around 1-1:30 EST weekdays. my username is @rednie. I’d give you a link but since it’s an app I don’t know how to do that, if it’s even possible! If you aren’t familiar with Periscope, just email me or leave a comment and I’ll explain everything. It’s super easy unlike most social media platforms!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

StampOwl said...

so pretty!