October 21, 2015

Butterfly Thanks

I am so in love with last month’s Simon Says Stamp kit, I have to play with it again before the next one shows up.

butterfly thanks

Now i have to start by saying that the hearts cut from the striped paper are not black. They are backed with gold mirrored paper. You can see it a bit through the vellum just under the bow.  The other gold is gilder’s paste which I used on the edges of the card front and on the raised edges of the embossed butterfly.

The striped panel is raised with fun foam. But then when I went to add the banner and ‘thanks’, I was a bit stuck on how to raise it up to match the striped panel’s height. I ended up using white fun foam cut with the word die and carefully placed behind word die cut. It works quite well!

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered in:
rs186

RECIPE
Paper:
mirrored cardstock-scrap, pink CS and DP-My Mind’s Eye, black CS, vellum-PTI
Accessories: doily die-PTI, word die-Mama Elephant, sequins-Sulyn Industries, butterfly die and folder- Sizzix, heart veneers-Studio Calico, Goldfinger gilder’s paste

No comments: