August 30, 2015

SAF Unconventional Materials Challenge

Before I tell you what I used, can you guess?

saf 15 unusual materials

Sorry the card is dark again, I struggle with lighting the pale colours properly!

So, have you guessed???

I used mesh drywall tape on my card then applied drywall paste over top. Before applying the paste, I tinted it with Copic refill in 4 different shades. I overlapped them for an ombre effect. Then I removed the tape. It worked really well especially since the drywall tape has built in adhesive!

I also used a washer that I covered in gold paint pen under the flower. This card features the thread nests I mentioned earlier. I had to use  lot for it to stick out from under such a large panel. But I LOVE how it turned out.

The washers were about 75c each and the drywall tape was $4. I have no idea how much the drywall paste was because we already had it on hand, but since I only used a teensy bit, it wouldn’t have been worth more than a few cents.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: