April 13, 2015

Messy Wire Wrapped Bangle and Earrings

I’ve been making jewellery again! I find it really creatively inspiring to try making something other than paper crafts once in a while.

messy wire wrapped bracelet1

I started with a typical wire bangle but used much more wire. When I finished the first round of wire, I made sure it fit me perfectly then just kept wrapping! Some of the beads were added to the bracelet at the beginning and some in the subsequent wraps. I added the charms last. This may seem difficult but I assure you it isn’t. If any one would like to know how, maybe I’ll make a video!

messy wire wrapped bracelet2

There is room for more charms if I want to add more. I also made some earrings to match.

messy wire wrapped bracelet3

The earrings are made from silver sheet that I sawed myself. Then I textured the metal with a ball peen hammer. I also made the ear wires. The Chinese Crystals are from ZnetShows. They have the most gorgeous beads. These arrived in a mix of the black, clear and white. Some of the clear ones however, have a silvery coating on half the bead. They are so shiny! I have also made a barefoot sandal using these beads but I need a pedicure before I can photograph it.

messy wire wrapped earrings

They also make the best cultured sea glass beads, pendants and pieces. Full disclosure, I was provided with these beads but I wouldn’t use them unless I thought they were high quality.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: