November 06, 2013

Gold Embossed Card

I tried something new on this card. I added a sprinkling of embossing powder to the ink I used (direct to paper) to accent the dry embossing.

gold embossed elegant card

Some of it stuck to the bit of ink that got on the debossed areas so I brushed it off with a soft brush. The circles that look really dark are just mirrored gold sequins. I promise they aren’t dark brown!

This card is for Cardabilities #80 (unfortunately, I am several week’s behind) and Joan’s Gardens.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Ink:
Encore gold pigment ink
Paper: white CS-PTI
Accessories: Anna Griffin embossing folder-Sizzix, gold ribbon, lace, large gold bead, white bead-stash, corsage pins, pearls-Michaels, small gold bead-Fore Mountain Beads, rose-Jesse James buttons, sequins-Fabricland, gold EP-SU!

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Very pretty card and great idea with adding powder to your ink. Great job.
Thanks Rebecca for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com