June 16, 2013

Relax Card

I had a BLAST making this card. I started with the Verve challenge going on right now but realized that it worked for several other challenges! Scroll down to see the other card I made for those challenges as well. 9 challenges in two posts, that is a record! Wahoo!

relax verve challenge card

The Verve challenge was to combine the styles of two of their DT members, Jen, who is known for her colouring and Janelle, who is known to have  a paint brush in one hand and a Copic in the other. So combining those two styles is the goal but if you really want to make it challenging, add Jen’s love of kraft paper and Janelle’s love of mixed media.

Since I’ve been trying to add more mixed media to my work, I decided this was a challenge made for me. Especially since I won a Mojo Monday recently and had some brand spankin’ new Verve stamps to try out! And some new mists and masks… Yeah! I started by getting out my new Mister Huey’s mists but then I made the wise decision to cut some tags and test spray the mists. Sooo glad I did because they are so NOT the colours on the label!

Then I sprayed the background on my card base. Next time I will use some adhesive because the paper curls when the first few spritzes hit it but the mask doesn’t. I allowed it to dry while I prepared my tag. When I die cut the corrugated cardboard, the bumps got all squished so I lifted them back up with my bone folder. Then I applied two colours of paint, the turquoise you can see easily and a gold glimmer paint that is harder to see, along the edges. Then I added the sand and shell bits and while still wet I added some glitter. The rest is pretty easy to figure out.

I’m entering this in the following challenges.

Verve Dive Dare

DivaDare logo

Simon Says Stamp: Transport. I know a surfboard is a bit of a stretch but lifeguards use them to get to swimmers in danger so I figure that makes it count!

CAS-ual Fridays 105: Mapquest Summer Vacation

CAS-ualFridaysNoWords

Ribbon Carousel 82 Fun in the Sun

ribbon carousel 82

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Verve
Ink: Mister Huey’s Bonny Blue, Memento black, teal zeal, Vintage photo Distress
Paper: reclaimed corrugated cardboard, kraft, aqua cs-PTI,
Accessories: mask-Crafters workshop, Copic markers, acrylic paint, Divine Twine, WRMK grommet, MuddPuddles shell bits, Malibu sand, foam dots-Jody Morrow, tag die-Spellbinders

11 comments:

Marisa said...

The background you created is fabulous!! Such a wonderful theme for your card too. Great take on this month's dare. Thanks for playing along!

Jingle said...

LOVE the tag you created and the background on the card is fabulous, too! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us over at the CAS-ual Fridays blog and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is fabulous! Love that sandy "beach"! :) Thank you for joining us in the "Transport" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love all the texture on the tag! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Monika Reeck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia Blum said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE every little detail!
Thanks for playing along in our CAS-ual Fridays "mapquest" challenge this week!
Sylvia xx

Christyne said...

I love that background, you really captured this challenge and the sentiment of the card!! Fabulous creation!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my, this is spectacular! Your coloring is just beautiful and that background is fabulous. Gorgeous card!

Kelly Griglione said...

What fun results you got from your combining challenges and playing around! So glad to see you at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, I luv this tag...sweet! So glad you took the Verve Diva dare!

enjoy *~*

Janelle Stollfus said...

Beach ready card! I love the bright hues and that corrugate tag. Fantastic job!