December 01, 2012

Blue and White Snowflake Pillow Box

I signed up for emails from a new challenge, the Friday Mashup. They have a two part challenge. You can play one part or the other or combine them! I decided to go for both and combine that with making another project for my Swap-Bot challenge to use the stamp stamp multiple ways.

snowflake pillow box

Sorry for not folding the box ends together. Funny, I didn’t even think about it until I had taken the photo, mailed it and realized it looks weird in the photo! Since we all know what they look like, I know you can use your imagination! Silly me! It did help it sit up there to photograph it since it was flat.

The little bottle is the same as the Vintage Parfum card, looks very different right? That was the point of that challenge, to use a stamp in lots of very different ways to get out of a rut of always using it in the same or similar ways. I thought it made a great tag. The box is great for gifts or gift cards.

snowflake pillow box2

It’s hard to see but the silver bow has a tiny rhinestone in the center and so does the snowflake on the bottle. Can you see the loops on the ribbon edges? It is formed from a looped cord attached to a tiny satin edge, so much classier than the old picoted ribbon I used to use in the late 80’s on country wreaths!

Ifri mash 87

Click on the photo to visit the challenge post. I’m also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe
Ink: Versamark
Paper: white CS-SU!
Accessories: ribbon-stash, pillow box die-PTI, rhinstones-TE, cord-SU!, hole punch-Fiskars, snowflake ribbon-May Arts

5 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful Rebecca!

hollybeary creations said...

Wow this is so pretty! I love the little rhinestones you added. I bet the person getting it will love it. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Lisa said...

Very nice! I really like the ribbon and snowflakes!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

It is going to be a festive holiday, eh? :) Love your ribbon and sparkly snowflakes! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous pillow box Rebecca, such soft pretty colours and I love the ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx