February 21, 2012

Game On for Jameson

My 11 yo son came home with a relatively good report card last week so I wanted to congratulate him with a card. Poor kid really struggles with ADD and we are reluctant to medicate him so this means a lot. He got all Bs and Cs (though without ADD he’d get As and Bs) when last report he got some Ds so this is a big improvement.

Gamer card for J

I am sooo happy with how this turned out! I didn’t use a sketch which is rare and even though it is a CAS card, I like the simplicity. Usually when I make a CAS card I feel like it needs more or that it is boring. funny because I LOVE other people’s CAS cards!

It is pretty simple so really not much to say. The recipe will explain most of it. This card is 3.5 high x7.5” long. This means the whole thing wouldn't fit into my Cuttlebug without being folded. EMBOSSING TIPS: If you are trying to emboss a card and it must be folded, cut off the excess plastic border from around the pattern on lower portion your embossing folder only. Don’t cut off both. That allows you to get very close to the fold line. And I needed to emboss twice to get the whole thing. On the second pass, line up your plates so that the edges exactly match the patterned part of the embossing folder (not the edge of the plastic). That way the plates and the folder won’t crush the part which was already embossed. You will get a tiny faint line where the folder ends but very little and no crushing of the design. You could also cut off the excess plastic but trust me, never cut off both pieces or the line will be even worse that uncut.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Boy Basics: Simple Circles, Game On-PTI
Ink: saffron, sahara sand-SU!, Memento black
Paper: DP-Boyfriend Cosmo Cricket, white, saffron, black CS-SU!
Accessories: circle die-PTI, foam dots-Jody Morrow,
Cuttlebug embossing folder, Circle Nestabilities

1 comment:

Karen said...

Beautiful Boy, makes me want to hug and hold him!