May 28, 2011

Congrats on Your Pregnancy Easel Card for the OCC.

Time for another OCC project! Our challenge was to make a baby-themed card using Kraft, a button and trim. Would you believe I already had one I made a couple weeks ago? I just hadn’t blogged it yet!

tara preg  easel card

I made this for a woman in our congregation who is expecting her second baby. I’m not sure if she likes purple but I sure hope so! I think the shading on the carriage sucks, I actually added quite a bit of Y35 to the Y21 I used to colour it but for some weird reason, you really can’t see it much. The whole right side of the carriage is supposed to look shaded, like the dress. Oh well.

I made it into an easel card because I hope that she will display it until the baby is born and it will be way more sturdy this way. I normally go with a more shabby style but the gal I’m giving it to isn’t that way at all. More modern, so I think this card would suit her better than one dripping with lace and distressing.

I hope you will join us at the OCC blog this week. We’d love to have you play along . Be sure to check out all of the awesome samples the team has for you!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
Stamping Bella, ticket-PTI
Ink: Memento black, fresh snow white-PTI, eggplant, lavender-SU!
Paper: Kraft, purple,artichoke CS-SU!, white CS-Taylored Expressions, DP-Kioshi Basic Grey
Accessories: silk flower-Michaels, brad (um, I mean button of course)-Basic Grey, ribbon-stash, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Copics: V12,15,17, G21,25, Y21,35, E00,21,33,35,37, Bs and YRs(um, sorry, can’t remember), W00,1,3, ticket die, scalloped edge die-PTI, Cuttlebug embossing folder

4 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

I think she'll LOVE the card! Its super hip and chic! I love the thought you put into it! Making it an easel card so she can display it, and see it everyday! How fun! and I especially love the fact that you made it for 'her'! YOu went with her 'style' :)
Great card! and have a super fun and safe weekend!

Sarah Gough said...

I love that little ticket image, very cute!

Lori Rider said...

So cute - I love the purple! Your image and coloring are great, and an easel card always makes a good impression! I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Very cute easel card, and I love your coloring. The patterns are great too!