February 06, 2011

My Username ATC

Funny story. Everyone on Splitcoast Stampers chooses a username when registering. I, having not signed up for such a thing before, chose Rebecca Ednie. Novel and cutesy dumb right? Yeesh. So whenever anyone asks for my username to look at my gallery, they always say, “I didn’t think to look for that!” Well of course not! I am the only one there without a typical username! Smile So after that, I chose a better username. Now at the time, I was transitioning my main hobby from sewing to stamping and paper crafts though I didn’t know that at the time. (My fabric stash must be so lonely! Most wouldn’t be so great for cards.) So I went with something representative of my business at the time. Sewing Bras! Yes, you heard read correctly, BRAS! Real, proper, store-bought looking bras. With better fit, fabric and techniques of course but we aren’t talking about a bra top or a sports bra. I know, most of you didn’t know that you could even make those at home. Anyway, my ‘clever’ username ended up being thebragal.

thebragal ATC

So here is an ATC that represents my username which I use most of the time. I made for a swap on Swap-Bot, ‘Represent Your Username ATC’, where my username is also thebragal, even though I don’t really sew many bras anymore. I found I mush prefer to teach others how to make them. Problem is, no one knows I do that so I get few clients, especially since I live in what Torontonians think is the boonies (country) .Sad smileOh well! Hope you like the ATC and if you’d like to learn to sew your own bra, I teach classes online!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
unknown, zigzag-Hero Arts
Ink: pretty in pink, chocolate-SU!
Paper: brown dots-not sure, maybe SU!, pink-Basic Grey Porcelain
Accessories: Copic marker, foam dots-Jody Morrow, ribbon-stash, rhinestone-Zva

3 comments:

Michellee said...

Hi.. I totally adore your blog.. I've hopped over from sb.. "capturingmemories" is my username..I too, have transition from sewing into papercrafts.. My Etsy store is Sewmuchmichellee... well, I do little sewing now, Even though I have a few orders to complete.lol And your ATC is beatuiful...

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Gwenelle on swap-bot, and you're one of my partners for the "Follow My Blog" swap ... so here I am :)

Lovely blog you've got here. Some fantastic crafts!

Stephanie said...

Very cute ATC :) Thanks for droppin' in and sayin' hi today, no problem about getting the days mixed up, been there done that ;) You are very talented and I look forward to following your future postings.

Swap-bot Follow my Blog swap (Stefenfetchit)@>--%---