What a fabulous new release Laurie has for you today! I love the fruit images some companies have released as rubber but of course, you are tied to an exact size when stamping them.
For this bookmark, I needed a size much smaller than most images available as stamps. Doesn’t it work perfectly with the size of the Eyelet Pendant I used as a base? Notice the pearls I used, the yellow ones in the flower centers are coloured with Y35 Copic and two little white was ones dot the flower center of the Eyelet Pendant (right near the edges). In case you are wondering, this is the type of bookmark that slips over the page you are reading and the tail helps it stay on. I could also add magnets to the inside of the bookmark to help it stay on; I’ll try it out, then decide. Here is a view of the full length bookmark complete with ribbon tail.
I used sheer 1” white ribbon and the loveliest soft velvet ribbon from May Arts. TIP: Any time you use glue on sheer ribbon, make sure you keep in mind that glues can seep through or remain tacky through the sheer ribbon so- 1) protect your work surface (and the junk on it! hee hee), 2) make sure there is no dye ink or paper bits on your work surface that might be picked up by the glue, 3) use a glue that dries completely if the sheer ribbon will not be backed by something else, not a 2 way glue that becomes repositionable when dry (ask me how I know!) or a dry tape which will stay tacky and never really dry, 4) use a glue that dries clear, 5) use a glue that doesn’t dry too stiff.
In this case, I used Beacon’s 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue which is easily my favourite craft glue for almost any purpose. If this was on a card with a backing, I might have used Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive which I quite like. It seems pretty wimpy at first but it holds really well. I keep it on the spool and apply it directly to the ribbon or lace (even bumpy, uneven lace!), never cutting the backing until I am finished with it.
The oranges were really fun to colour but I admit it was hard to get the shine on the orange looking quite right and I am not certain I got the shiny spots in quite the right place! :) Do you see the dimpling on the oranges? I coloured them then put a wee bit of Blender solution on a terry washcloth and dabbed the Blender on the oranges only (If I was thinking smarter, I would have coloured the leaves after colouring and dabbing the oranges but I managed to keep the Blender off the leaves and stem.)
OK, OK, I know you are anxious to hear about the Challenge! Visit Laurie’s blog, Clearly Delightful, to get all the details. Not only does every participant get a free image of their choice, you could win FABULOUS blog candy! Trust me, you want it, I sure do!! So make a card or project using the Challenge Theme: Pearls, Bling or Buttons. Have Fun!
Image: Oranges and Cherries-Doodle Pantry
Paper: white CS-Taylored Expressions, DP-Nook and Pantry by Basic Grey
Accessories: Copics: E08,35,37,47, Y35, YR00,02,16,20,61,68, G28,85, Blender solution and pen, pearls-Dollarama, ribbon sheer-stash, velvet rickrack-May Arts, Eyelet Pendant die-Spellbinders, foam dots-Jody Morrow