December 04, 2009

Soooo in Love for OCC

I had fun making this card but it took longer than any card I think I’ve ever made! One night I started the card, cut out the circles needed for the flowers and misted them. I used 5 drops of burgundy and 4 drops of regal rose and 2 small scoops of white Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister and used the whole thing on my ‘petals’. The next day I got the flowers assembled. The following day I assembled the card but thought it needed something (the sentiment wasn’t on yet). I hemmed and hawed and finally decided on this pre-printed canvas sentiment! Whew!!

soooo in love

Think it was worth the work and waiting? I think so too!!

I don’t have time now but I will post instructions for the flowers (unless I can find the blog with instructions for the ones I was inspired by. Hope so)!! Click on the sketch for the link.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
DP, CS-SU!
Ink: antique linen Distress ink
Accessories: Nesties scalloped circle dies, foam dots, chocolate velvet ribbon-Clear Dollar Stamps, sheer ribbon, Mother of Pearl buttons-stash, silk ribbon-May Arts, Copic marker (dye the ribbon), rhinestone brads-stash (hidden in center of flowers), EK success punch, Sooo in love sentiment-(can’t remember, email if you want to know!!), wave cutter-Purple Cows, pearl-Kaisercraft, thread-Guttermann, burgundy and rose reinkers, white Perfect Pearls, vintage music paper

1 comment:

Jessica Diedrich said...

This card is GORGEOUS, Rebecca! I love how you did the flowers. This is just super pretty all around!