November 10, 2009

Morning Java Inspiration Challenge for Whimsical Wednesdays

I have to tell you, I HATE MORNINGS! With a passion! I rarely feel human in the mornings unless I sleep about 10-12 hours and of course, I rarely get that whether because of my own insomnia or kids or things I have to do. So these mugs were perfect as an inspiration challenge! Rise and Whine-AMEN! Thanks Jack!

clip_image002

I made a card similar to this ages ago, I loved it so much I decided to make another similar one. Heather, I hope you have your glasses on! (Heather SAYS she is allergic to the colour brown, apparently, she has ‘glasses’ that help!)

coffee z pocket card

It is a Z fold card. Start with an 11x5.5” piece of cardstock. You want to cut down one long edge on an angle so when folded, each section has an angled edge. I marked a point down about 2” on one short side. Connect the mark with the other top corner and cut. Score the paper in thirds and fold. Decorate as desired. You can choose to keep it as a Z (stands up really well on its own) or use adhesive and make pockets which I did.

coffee z pocket card open

You know the saying, ‘Necessity is the mother of invention’? Well I didn’t exactly invent anything but I did come up with an inventive way of making my ‘English Breakfast’ tag. I wanted ivory on chocolate but my ivory EP is no name and not very good quality nor very fine. So I used ivory paper, CLEAR embossed the image and sponged on the chocolate ink! Works great! The other tag is coloured in with pencil crayons. I have no idea what a tea plant looks like (shoulda Googled it!) so no comments if it is wrong-chances are it is! The silk puff flower was made using the directions at Studio Calico-Fabric Flowers except I didn’t use an iron at any stage. Because I didn’t I needed to sew the center down with a few stitches. So worth it.

So, are you inspired to play along with this week’s challenge? I sure hope so. If not quite yet, I’m sure you will be by the time you finish checking out all the the DareDevil’s blogs! Everyone is playing this week except Randi. Be sure to leave some love along your way!! Use keyword DDSC9 to upload your card and link it up to Whimsical Wednesdays. Don’t forget, please link your direct link, not just your blog addy. All you have to do is click on your post title, then copy and paste the URL at the top of your browser window. We try to leave y’all some love but if we have to scroll through all your blog posts to get to your DD card, it sure takes a loooong time!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Stampington
Ink: chocolate chip, cocoa-SU!
Paper: cocoa, caramel, chocolate, vanilla CS-SU!
Accessories: flower-stash, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, copper tag-Making Memories, vintage lace-stash, pencil crayons, pink Copic, welvet ribbon-Clear Dollar Stamps, MS cornice punch, silk yardage-stash, jumbo eyelet-WRMK, silk ribbon-May Arts, key-stash, clear-EP, thread-stash

6 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Your project turned out wonderful Rebecca and I am so glad you had the picture up. I never could get the picture to open on my computer so I just made a card using a Coffe/Mug theme to it because everyone kept talking about mugs, but I did want to post the picture in my post and no one had their posts up yet so I came here and there you have it!!!

Love allyour Shabby Chicness you really have that style down pat girl Wonderful job this week!!!

Heather

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh Rebecca!! I looooooove, loooooove, looooove this!! The vintage quality, and all that old world lace.....just scrumptious!!

Cassie said...

this is another divine creation bec! you know i love those stamps and all that brown - good thing i'm not allergic like heather!! and of course the shabby-chicness that you are so good at!!

Darla said...

Rebecca - this is absolutley beautiful! I love the z fold card style. And the whole look is the Shabby Chic style that I know you strive for. GREAT job on the inspiration challenge. It's very professional looking.

Kim R. said...

This is so pretty. You did such a good job. WOW!!

Cassie said...

hey girl! wanted to let you know that this was one of my weekly favs last week!
http://www.toptencreations.blogspot.com