I went to a scrapbook sale on Friday night and got a Paper pack from Crate Hill Papers for such a good deal! I have loved these papers ever since I got a few in a scrapbook kit I bought so I was thrilled to find the whole pack. I hadn't even known it was sold in a pack! Of course here you are just seeing the reverse side of the papers but I thought they worked for this layout and quote.
Sorry the quote is a bit crooked. Even with a grid acrylic block, when stamping on a curvy shape, it is hard to get it straight. Next time I will lay it out on my cutting mat using the grid on it to keep the die cut shape straight. The buckle is a die cut from the pack. The ribbon and the DP look much better together IRL.
This card was made using a fabulous sketch from Madelynn for Whimsical Wednesdays. You can see that I stretched the sketch to make my card and I replaced the sentiment with a flower. So did you love all the awesome cards from last week? I sure did! I hope some of you played, I’ll be on the lookout when I make the rounds this week. This week the keyword is DDSC8 (not 08) and don’t forget to link your card up to the comments section of this week’s post. I can’t wait to see your work and all the fabulous eye candy from the DareDevils. Heather may be playing late and Debbie can’t play this week but be sure to visit everyone else to see their creations this week!!!
This award comes with a survey that I have to fill out, and I can only use one word to answer the questions. (OK, clearly I missed this part when I answered-way tired- and I am going back to bed so I am NOT changing them! Besides, I am not exactly known for my brevity!)
1. Where is your cell phone? Beside me!
2. Your hair? Straight, long and medium-dark brown
3. Your mother? Wonderfully generous!
4. Your father? Goofy
5. Your favourite food? Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!!!
6. Your dream last night? Can’t remember any which is good ‘cause the last one I remember was like a horror movie.
7. Your favourite drink? Lemonade in summer, Irish Cream or Amarula spiked hot chocolate in winter
8. Your dream/goal? Keep God first in my life. Raise happy, healthy kids who treat others in the way they want to be treated. Always maintain a healthy marriage. Get on a fabulous design team.
9. What room are you in? Family room
10. Your hobby? Stamping, reading and scrapbooking.
11. Your fear? Insects especially spiders!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? In the same place I am now, possibly the SAHM mom of three?
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? Social butterfly
15. Muffins? Apple cinnamon
16. Wish list item? The second box of 72 Copic Ciao markers
17. Where did you grow up? Just a few miles from where I live now, just north of Toronto, Ontario
18. Last thing you did? Woke up my son for school.
19. What are you wearing? Nightie
20. Your TV? 24” boring, standard TV with bad sound (we listen through some other gadget DH has set up).
21. Your pets? Jesse, 4(?) year old tabby cat
22. Friends? Few but fabulous
23. Your life? Contented
24. Your mood? Tired
25. Missing someone? My best friend, see #32
26. Vehicle? Uplander
27. Something you’re not wearing? It is not quite 8 am - bra!
28. Your favourite store? Lush Handmade Cosmetics
29. Your favourite color? Pink
30. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Watching Oprah on Monday when she featured a show about moms who drive drunk, one killed 8 people.
32. Your best friend? Rebecca (yep, same name)
33. One place that I go to over and over? Michael’s
34. One person who emails me regularly? No one
35. Favourite place to eat? Moxie’s
Stamp: Cloud 9
Ink: Chalk Ink-chestnut brown, cocoa-SU!
Paper: DP-Crate Paper
Accessories: die from Crate Paper, Ribbon-stash, flower-stash, pearls-Kaisercraft, brad-stash, labels 8 Nestabilities