October 23, 2008

Watercolour Flowers

 

ic149

This was also a first! My Inspiration Challenge card for IC149 'be inspired by watercoloured images by Mizue Hirano'. Her designs are so simple so I made my card to reflect that. I do not naturally tend to add a lot of layers so while my cards may not be as inspiring as those of some bloggers I read, they are easy to CASE as well as easy and FAST to make! The painting I took my inspiration from is the top left on this page. The background is stamped with a shadow flower from Hero Arts, one of my first stamps since I started stamping again in 2005 (I stamped with Inkadinkadoo stamps as a teenager but didn't have enough supplies to fall in love!). The white panel is also stamped with a Hero Arts stamp. The paper is SU!'s new colour, baja breeze and the flowers are stamped in the same colour blue and basic grey. The ribbon is from my stash, it co-ordinates better IRL and the ribbon slider is Pewter Hodgepodge hardware. I really enjoyed the challenge because I know I would never have made flowers in these colours, EVER! I really do like the result.

No comments: